My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 28, 2014

I saw one!!! I really did!

Isn't she beautiful! I am 59 years old and have finally seen my first snowy owl!! Funny thing is that she was only about 5 minutes from my house! I probably wouldn't have noticed her but I knew that they were in this area and saw people below the telephone pole looking up at her. Snowy owls come into our area in the winter for the hunting. Then move back to the artic in the spring. One of the people there said that they saw 3 yesterday in that area. We drove around, but this was the only one we saw. But Hey, I will take one over none. I went back today but none were to be found. I was hoping that I could get a shot of one against the bright blue sky.

Here she is on top of a hotel. Great place to perch while looking for prey! We saw her swoop a few times. She had something on the ground, but couldn't see what she caught.

Another shot of her keeping an eye out for supper. When we saw her it was later in the day. Gloomy day and starting to lose the light. These owls hunt in the day time. So we were doubly lucky to even see her.
I have a request. A couple I know are having a rough time the last few days. Their pupster is very sick. Actually he is dying. They have been by his side as he goes from this life into the next. I haven't heard anything today so he may have passed away by now. Please pray for them as it is hitting them very hard. As you know. Some of consider our fur, feathered, gilled friends as family. We grieve just as hard for them as our human family. Thank you for any thoughts and prayers that you give to them. I have gone through this many times myself and it is very devestating.
Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that your New Year brings you joy and happiness. Also strength for the times when you need it. Hugs, Teresa

10 comments:

  1. LOVE your owl. What a treat.
    And my heart goes out to your friends. Our furry friends wind their paws deep into our heart strings and take a piece of us with them when they go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she amazing! I would love to see how she looks on a brighter day! The dog is holding on. Very close at times, but still there. I think they will have to make the very hard decision soon. They are still holding out hope. But not looking good.

      Delete
  2. She is amazing, oh my goodness you are so lucky to have seen her. Prayers for your friends.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she amazing! I can just imagine how she glows in the sunlight! Thank you for the prayers.

      Delete
  3. You did an amazing job capturing the beauty of her. I do hope to see one some day. :-)
    Great job and THANK YOU for sharing.

    Sending prayers to your friends.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to see one in the bright sunlight. I bet she glows!!! Your welcome and thank you for the prayers for my friends.

      Delete
  4. You saw one! And you got photos--really good ones too! What a lovely bird. Very cool. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope to see her on a brighter day! I bet she is really beautiful against the sky! I get so excited when I see something new!

      Delete
  5. That is amazing! I've always wanted to see an owl when we hike! What great photos! Love seeing those huge ice formations too! WOW! That's COLD! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it is cold here! windchills of -35! Brrr. It is suppose to warm up into the 20's next week. That will seem like a heat wave after this week! I hope to see the owl against the blue sky yet. She has to glow! We could only stay at the ice shoves for a little while as it was so cold! (not as cold as this week has been, don't think I would try to go there this week). Getting a snow storm now. Not huge, but with the wind it is really blowing around. Have a great day. Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa