My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Birds were busy yesterday.

The birds must have known that today would be so dark and so very windy! Like this red bellied woodpecker they were making full use of the feeders.

I love the colors and patterns on her. She is wearing such happy colors. Then to add zebra stripes. How much better can it get then that!





 Then there is this little downey woodpecker. We have been seeing her a lot. These are such busy birds. Don'
t mind the lock on the suet feeder. If we don't lock it the squirrels just carry the whole block away!









Doesn't he look happy? Actually he looks like he was out on a bender! So goofy!










This is a male downey woodpecker. These guys are quite the actrobats!










This little red-breasted nuthatch was also making the rounds. Let's see suet, mixed seed feeder. He just couldn't make up his mind. So a little of this and a little of that.
House finches are still around. Haven't seen many though. Just another little splash of color to brighten our landscape.
I am always happy to see the birds showing up. They seems to be migrating now and we see more of the colorful ones at this time of year. Next I will show some of the birds that we saw in our travels. Of course they are from Wisconsin. We don't go to far. Especially with having dogs. Now that we have a new(er) puppy we can only be gone for a certain amount of time. Give or take of course. No long trips. But they are worth it.
My blog seems to be giving me fits today. Some captions under and some on the side. I am not sure what I want to do about my blog. Which is why I haven't written a post for the last couple of weeks. People are still getting pop-ups when trying to comment. ( I hate this. Hate you having to put up with that).  I haven't figured out a way to stop this. I HATE to start over with a new blog, but I may have to. Will the problem follow me over there? I don't know. Any thoughts on this? Hugs, Teresa


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your birds. Thank you - they are very different to ours - and enchanting.
    Have you tried the blogger help forum? I have found that sometimes they can be very helpful.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birds are so pretty and your shots were so clear and beautiful. Thanks for sharing them!

    I don't believe I have ever gotten pop ups. If I do this time I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful birds, this morning on my walk with Max we saw a Great Blue Heron, a large white egret and a cormorant. It was our lucky day, but I did not have my camera, oh well.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the pop-up the first time I tried. Then I clicked off, your site. When I clicked back on to leave a comment, I didn't see it. How annoying for you. I hope it gets straightened out soon.

    I just got an email about someone wanting to use my blog for advertising. No thanks. Not when stuff like this happens. :)

    But your bird photos are lovely. In fact their feathery outfits makes me think they're wearing Prada. Designer feathers or something... oh well. You get the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost like the birds in my garden - lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa