My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Textures and colors

I just love the textures and colors of birds and animals. Can a color be a texture? Sometimes it seems to be.
This picture is of pea hen feathers all fluffed out. (Is pea hen one word or two?) Look how downy they are underneath!
Another pea hen. This one has color which makes me wonder...can color be a texture? Or just make things look textured! 
Look at this giraffs face. If that isn't textured I don't know what is!
Now talk about color and texture! Wouldn't you think that the wattle would just get in the way. No real purpose, just something hanging in front of his beak. Of course maybe it is attractive to the female turkeys. Who knows and how would we ever know.
Turkey feathers all puffed up to impress the female turkey. Interesting view. Pretty even without the tail spread out.
Of course we can't forget the fancy little top knot. 
Look at the difference between the mane and coat.
The pattern is so perfect.
From the hard horn to a soft coat. This guy actually felt more like velvet.
I wonder how God came up with his ideas on how to make each kind of bird and animal different? It just amazes me to see the differences in feathers and fur/hair textures and colors. That is what I enjoy about taking pictures. It makes a person realize the small things in life. Hugs, Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Teresa! I adore the color and texture in nature too, especially in animals. I suppose God made people in a similar way, different colors and textures; when you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've given me much to think about. I always think most of the textures in plants and nature. But haven't given much thought to the animals. Very interesting!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa