My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 23, 2013

Day trip on thursday!


We went to the Garden Door at the Peninsular Agricultural Research Station just north of Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin.  Gorgeous place. Not huge, but very nice. It was behind some pole buildings so if you didn't see the sign you would miss it.

Fairey garden. Little houses, etc scattered around in this bed.

Black Eyed Susans everywhere. I can just imagine all the birds when they start to go to seed!

Another view. So much color.

Tree branch fences. These were behind the grass gardens. So many different kinds of ornamental grasses!

Stone fences planted with mostly sedums.

This was pretty cool. You stand facing the sign. place one foot in the correct month tile and straddle the center line. Raise your arms over your head and clasp your hands together. Your shadow will fall on the right time tile. Human sun dial. 

Usually the annuals don't look so good at this time of year. These were gorgeous.

One of many mosaic benches in the gardens.

Maple. Pretty seed pods. (helicopters as we call them here...what do you call them?)

This is what kept us home much of the week. She will be 10 weeks old on Sunday. Housebreaking is going well. She has been going to the patio door when she has to go out. Only one accident in the last 3 days. YEAH!

Tanner looks like us like this sometimes. Like mom make her leave me alone. Actually he loves her. Just not jumping in his face! But tug of war and fetch is great!
I can't believe that it is friday already! Vacation is almost over with. :( 
Hugs, Teresa
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Such beautiful flowers and grounds, thank you for sharing them with us. I think Tanner is turing out to be a great big brother.
    Hugs to you Teresa,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing garden! That mosaic bench is something else, a work of art. I need to get my dollhouse back in order after my granddaughters were allowed to play with it.. I think they moved everything! LOL! ((hugs)), Teresa :-) PS - my daughters husband finally agreed to let the girls have a pup.. a maltiepoo mix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing place. Colour, life and beauty.
    And both of your furry babies are enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the flowers together makes it really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all gorgeous, the pups, and the flowers..what a fun place to visit.

    Um...do you know that when ever I visit your blog jumps all over the place on the screen? Just wondering if anyone else has encountered that too.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa