My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dells Of The Eau Claire Park

This is the bridge you cross going into and out of the park. Very pretty.
As we climb around on the rocks in the river. Not as steady as I use to be.lol
Oh a tree fell across.
Looking down the river as we get into the middle of the river. Wish I had longer legs! Would make it easier to climb around on these rocks. lol Lots of different levels. Natural of course.
You can see how much climbing there was. But a lot of fun. You also can see the many colors.
This was taken up-river by the dam. The water has this copper tint.
Above the dam. Very peaceful here.
Moss and growths on this fallen tree.
Close-up of the rocks and bridge.
Steps leading from the picnic area down to the water. Looking up.
Look this tree has a nose!!
Look at the pillars on this bridge! This was WAY down from the rocks. Walk, Walk, Walk.
Same bridge. Doesn't it look like it goes on forever. Bridges the Park from the wildlife area.
One of the paths. All of them are very well goomed.
Road going into and out of park. That is the same pretty bridge I showed in the first pictures.
Even the shelters look rustic!
We had a great day. Wish I was a lot younger then my 56 when I do things like this. I  was better on my legs. Arthritis doesn't help. Not complaining...just a fact of life.  But I don't want to stop yet. WE HAD A BLAST! Beautiful day. This is only aout 1-1/2 hours away. Never knew it was there. I would like to go back in the fall when the leaves change. Funny what you find near you if you look. This is on the Eau Claire river near Wausau Wisconsin. Not even close to the city of Eau Claire. Hugs, Teresa

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful place, I think Wisconsin is so beautiful, you are so lucky to live there.
    Have a great day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa