My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 29, 2013

I think everyone had the same idea

It was so nice out that I think everyone decided to fill up and go for a drive! I took this from the car window while Jeff was filling up the car. Seems like everyone had a lot newer car then we do. :~ At least they all look new. I haven't seen so many lined up like this in a while. I like the the way this one turned out.
There were a lot of coots at the preserve today. It was pretty quiet. A lot less ducks then last week. There was a family there shooting catfish with a bow. I don't know what they did with the fish. They were HUGE and there were so many rolling in the water. Not sure of what I think of this kind of "fishing".

Pied grebe. You can tell by the ring around the beak. He really swims low in the water.

Red winged blackbird. Believe me the red was there.

There were a few geese. But not as many as I thought there would be.

This was a treat! I wanted to get some pictures of sandhill cranes. I saw these on the way home. By the time we got back to them they were near this house. I wish I could have gotten them while they were still in the field. But I finely got some close enough to photograph them. HUGE! I am wondering if this is a pair. Coloring is a little different on each bird.

Can you imagine looking out of the window and seeing these looking back at you! Beautiful!

We also went to a nursery that we never visited before. It is going to be great when they get everything put out for sale. Up until this weekend it had been too cold. But it is in the country and very pretty. We will go back in a couple of weeks. We went back to Stein Gardens and picked up a magnolia tree. Not the one we were looking for, but very pretty. We are hoping that the yellow on this one is as bright as the other one. We checked around and no one had the one we wanted and weren't getting any in. This one has a lot of buds so it should be gorgeous when it blooms. The buds are very swollen so it shouldn't be long. I will have to check back as they still didn't get the clematis in that I want. The sign is there, just waiting for the shipment.
It was a gorgeous day. When we got home we planted the tree and worked in the flowerbeds. Every day brings more and more plants to life. It makes me happy to see things coming back to life. It is suppose to rain off and on the next fe days, so I really appreciate the beautiful weather this weekend!
I hope all of you have a great week. Hugs, Teresa

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful day. I loved the cranes and the coots and I want to see photos of the magnolia when it blooms. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been having wonderful weather here, what a nice change. When your magnolia blooms you will have to show some flowers.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa