My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 22, 2013

Looks this way this year!

www.SconsinWear.com
I really wouldn't doubt it this year!!! Very wet and cold today. Rain and snow flurries. Only a week and a half until fishing season opens. I don't think we will be doing this any time soon. In fact we are trying to sell our boat. With the difference in our schedules we just can't get it out enough. A friend and her hubby looked at it today. He seemed VERY interested...but who knows if he will want to buy it. I am hoping that he does. Then we won't have to advertise it.
Yesterday it was nice out. On the cold side, but very sunny. We went to a wildlife preserve that a friend from work told me about. Pretty place.

Alot of ducks! Canvas backs, mallards, coots, northern shovelers and redheads.
 Good looking pair of mallards!
Very pretty place. I think we will go there often. It is only about an half an hour away. Near where I was going to see the swans which have moved on now. This area always changes in what you will see.
Northern shoveler. So Pretty!
I don't know why I didn't know about this place. I have gone past it SO MANY times. Especially when I was looking for the swans. We also saw 2 sandhill cranes. But they wouldn't land near enough for pictures. Also a ald eagle flew over the car! SO COOL! He was beautiful against the blue sky.
We also went to a dog show yesterday. A friend I know ( breeder of my first English Cocker and also of our future puppy) had 8 dogs showing in conformation. These dogs were all from her litters. Owned by others now. I was put to work holding a couple of dogs for people. Of course I didn't want to do it. Yeah sure! They were all 1 year to 6 years old. Lots of puppy kisses. :)  Well, I hope everyone has a great week. Hugs, Teresa



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post. Thank you - I love your birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppy kisses are the very best. Love your beautiful pictures, it is nice this preserve is so close to you.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy, I really dislike advertising for a singular item on say craigslist. The non stop phone calls, people showing up at your house... it's just, not comfortable for me. Now my husband, could care less but I don't like it until the deal is done. Best of luck selling your boat. Love the photos once again. Peaceful. hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best places are those that you have driven by for ages and then finally discover...

    Amazing shots.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa-great pictures. It has been pretty hard to move boats in this area...with the economy a lot of the fishermen gave up their boats it seems. I hope you can sell it to your friends. Is that wildlife preserve close to Suamico? I know the kids used to go to one out there- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Painful yes especially when I lean on it without thinking.. the elbow.. oh mary every bad word on the planet flies out of my mouth i'm afraid. Boy this cold crap is unrelenting this year. I don't mind 50's or so. But I'm a little irked with 80 one day then 30's the next. I hate that more than the heat or cold. Though I prefer cold to hot, it's nice to thaw out once in a blue moon. Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa