My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Funeral home in the dark! :(

My husband is at his grandmothers wake. He just called. A limb came down and they are sitting in the dark! :0  No I am not there. I usually go to funerals of people I know... but we couldn't find anyone to watch the dogs and he had to go overnight. For some reason they ( his dad) wanted him to go for the wake and funeral. Otherwise we would have driven down tomorrow. He drove down with his dad and step-mom.  Except for when I was in the hospital it is the first time in 9 years that we were apart over-night. It really isn't that weird as we work different shifts. But I usually see him for a little while when I get home from work.  But I have kept myself busy. I went to the museum to listen to a surviver of the Holocaust. Very interesting. His message is to not hate people. Even after all he has been through he can't hate those who have hurt him. He didn't go into a lot of graphic detail, but enough to get his point across. He has said that he doesn't know if it was luck, fate or a small blessing that he survived. Another message is that to hate is to lose and to love is to win. Great message to go away with! I bought his book while I was there (signed), Ragdolls by Henry Goode. I am on vacation this week or I wouldn't have been able to go. I work evenings and that is when everything I would like to do happens. Sometimes I think the world revolves around people who work days. Yes, I know they miss out on things also. I really am not whining and I am so grateful that I have a job! Plus I am NOT a morning person. lol. The first picture that I posted is one of the 3 bridges we have here. I love the color against the water. This the prettiest one of the three. The second picture is an engraving that is on the base of the 911 sculpture we have here. The 3rd picture is of the sculpture. Very pretty situated against the water. For some reason I am having trouble tonight getting the pictures in the order I want them to be in. Have a great day. Hugs, Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa