My life and hobbies that I enjoy

Life, miniatures and gardening
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mr Wizard. Drying Hydrangeas

Meet Mr Wizard. We bought him a few years ago. He is one of my favorite statues in the yard. We even found some solar lights in the shape of crystal balls for him. He has two now. One had broken before I took this picture and we have since replaced it. Things are really growing up around him now and he doesn't look like he is standing out in a desert. It was nice out today and I finally got out into the garden. Deadheaded a lot of plants. I think when I am on vacation next week there will be some stuff to cut back. Depending on the weather of course. I like to keep things standing for awhile to let the energy go back into the roots. Die back naturally. Then cut them back. I am trying to decide on what to buy for bulbs. I have daffodils already. Tulips dont seem to last many years around here. I like them and wish the blooms lasted longer also. But then again I guess I wouldn't appreciate them as much if they bloomed for months. Just nice to have color in early spring. It was so nice to get outside and have time to get a few things done. I am making a list for next year on what plants need to be staked before they get to big. I have a habit off waiting too long. Next year I want to do some better (nicer looking) staking. I also cut some hydrangea for drying. Second picture, I really like the color on the Blushing Bride Hydrangea. I am trying to decide on how I want to use this in a decoration. Hopefully they will dry well.
These are the seeds from the blackberry lily. I wonder why they are called blackberry lilies? lol. I have had this plant for years and always enjoy all the stages the flowers go through. Nature is wonderful! I discover new things every day.
Well I guess I should get some shut eye. Hugs, Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please let me know what you think about my posts. Have a great day. I will not open anonymous comments though. Hugs, Teresa